Last month Lisa Ives (Director of EHT) teamed up with Pam Steele (Pure Pilates) to present a workshop combination that was completely new and exciting in the Basingstoke and North Hampshire district.
Our aim was to bring an innovative and synergistic workshop combining Pilates (mat/equipment)/Yoga/Tai Chi and introduce a new component ‘applied osteopathy’ which looked at posture and strain patterns. We sought to enhance our ladies & gents overall class experience, as well as go some way to help them understand the ‘whys & how’s’ of what we’re striving towards in the practical execution phase of our classes.
Feedback received from the workshop
100% achieved their personal goals and expectations set pre-workshop these largely included:
- Better understanding of Bodybalance and Pilates
- To have fun and try something new
- Improve balance and strength overall
- Gain a more intense workout and work different muscles
- Develop existing skills
- Learn new positions/exercises that you can take home
- Improve flexibility and prevent back problems
What worked well for you?
- Learning new things – great pace, fun & interesting
- Staged approach of new poses in a great atmosphere then putting it altogether
- Posture correction (being checked and adjusted)/Instructors walking around keeping an eye on you
- Doing exercises I thought I couldn’t do
- Learning about posture types (Osteopathic Content)
- Clear explanations from both instructors – Intro to Tai Chi & Pilates harder options
- All of it!